Thursday, March 3, 2011

Favorite Things ...


There is a little store in a small beach town on the Oregon Coast that, for the past two years, has displayed beautiful lighted blossoms in their storefront window. All colors of blooms ... vivid white, brilliant orange, stunning red.

Every time we would visit the town, we would walk by that window and I would comment how much I loved those blossoms. Sometimes, I'd stop and run in to check them out up close and peek at the price. But, I never purchased them.

Several months before Christmas, I discovered them at a local gift store in a gorgeous deep burgundy color (that just happened to coordinate well with our living room!).


Not only did my sweet hubby surprise me with them for Christmas (living room - check!); but, on Valentine's Day, as well (woohoo ... a set for the bedroom!).

Now, as the skies darken outside, these beautiful blossoms bring a touch of light, warmth, and charm to the house.  Love them!

Have you been surprised recently with something you've been wanting for a long time?

12 comments:

Hilary said...

Oh those are indeed lovely. They bring a beautiful touch of romance to the bedroom, I'll bet.

Catherine Denton said...

How beautiful! I haven't seen these lighted flowers before. Now if they only had lighted coffee cups...

Roxy said...

Aww, what a great hubby! Those flowers are gorgeous. I have to say that I grew up in Portland and went to Cannon Beach all the time when I was growing up. My husband even proposed to me there! You have a lovely family. Thanks for dropping by my blog!

Debbie said...

That is VERY sweet!! So glad you got something you liked so much!!!!:-)

Anonymous said...

What wonderful lights! So uplifting to have them lit during the darker months of the year.

Sherrie Petersen said...

Those are beautiful! What a sweet present from your hubby :)

Diane said...

So, so pretty and delicate looking. Enjoy them!!! :O)

CC said...

I really, really love these!! Pass along the store(s) names please!!

Kelly Polark said...

Those are beautiful and unique! What a wonderful surprise!

Beth Kephart said...

There's a man I'd vote for!

Stephanie Faris said...

Great find. They're beautiful!

imbeingheldhostage said...

Wow, really? Your husband thought to gift them? Where can I get one of him? ;-)
They are lovely!