Monday, March 28, 2011

{I Heart Faces} Slice of Life Photo Challenge


I'm having a little photography fun today, and entering a contest with ...


This week's contest theme is “Slice of Life”.

A slice of our life is checking on our kids before going to bed each night. And, with our daughter, we never know what we're going to find!  Usually, she has surrounded herself with stuffed animals and books and toys, and adorned herself with jewels.  We often find things hiding under the blankets as well.  On this particular night, she was wearing the Simon Chipmunk glasses she had received at a birthday party earlier in the day.  This shot brings a smile to my face and - even though she's sleeping - shares a bit about her "I'll do things my own way" personality!

17 comments:

Wendhy Jeffers Photography said...

That's so cute!! She has an awesome little personality <3

Janna Leadbetter said...

That is so great! Thanks for sharing such a gem of a picture. :)

Corey Schwartz said...

OH, that's just adorable :)

MG Higgins said...

So cute! Those glasses remind me a bit of Harry Potter, too.

Catherine Denton said...

What an adorable slice of life!
My Blog

Kelly H-Y said...

We thought they looked like Harry Potter too, MG! :-)

Angela Ackerman said...

What a neat thing to share with us. Enjoy her and all her uniqueness!

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

C.R. Evers said...

awwww! adorable photo!

Anonymous said...

That is just so cute! Love those glasses on her...

Barrie said...

Awww...how cute!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Your daughter is adorable!
:-) jj

ethelmaepotter! said...

How adorable! It looks like she just wore herself out studying intensely!

CC said...

soooo cute!!!

ethelmaepotter! said...

I have a little something for you over at my place - please pop over when you can and collect it!

Suzanne Casamento said...

That picture is AWESOME. So much personality - even during sleep!

Cathy C. Hall said...

Oh, that brought back a TON of memories of Junior Halls at bedtime!

I don't know if you were a winner, but you won my heart. ;-)

Nora MacFarlane said...

Adorable!