Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Little {and Big} Things ...

Sometimes, it's the littlest things that succeed in bringing a smile to your face and making your day out-of-the-ordinary and special.

Like, finding these fluorescent post-its on our bedroom door.  Little notes from my 5-year old, learning-to-read-and-write-words daughter.  No, they do not match the decor. But, I will let them hang there until the magical stickiness wears off, because they make me happy.


And, walking into our local Starbucks to find this sign!  Yes, that is my drink.  Yes, it is long.  So long, in fact, that they had no room to list my hubby's drink. :-)


Of course, every once in a while, there are the BIG things that make you smile ... like this sweet thing:


My new niece, born last Saturday to my youngest sister.  I'll be heading to Missouri in just a couple weeks to meet her.  Can't wait.

What little (or big) things are bringing a touch of special to your day?  

8 comments:

Catherine Denton said...

So sweet!! Those little cards made me smile. Precious.

Snuggles from my ten-year-old boy (that don't come as often now, but I cherish each one of them), and my friend who's waited two years to get pregnant finding out she finally is!

Hilary said...

Awww she's lovely.. a very alert newborn. :)

Hardygirl said...

Wow!! So much happiness!!! It's almost too much all at once ...

I adore the post-its. On one of my drawers, my daughter drew a little stick man flying through the air. And, she signed it.

I'll never wash it off!!

sf

Kelly Polark said...

What a great week and so many reasons for a smile, Kelly!!!
Congrats on your beautiful niece!
It is the little and big things that make our days!
When my daughter starting writing she would leave me I love you notes on Post Its on my pillow. It was so sweet! I of course had to keep some!

Anonymous said...

I love all of these things too. Makes like so wonderful to have love in our lives. I love Starbucks too! I have a gold card. . .

Sarah Laurence said...

Cute drawings and congrats on being customer of the week. Your niece is adorable. My little special was my son setting his alarm 15 minutes early so he could shovel snow before school.

MG Higgins said...

What a heartwarming post! Love the post-its. I'd leave them up until they fell down, too.

Corey Schwartz said...

Aw, how precious! :)