Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine Love ...


Such fun yesterday ... Valentine's parties and kids dressed in red, pink, and white barely able to contain themselves as they peered into their Valentine's treat bags!

Our school's high schoolers sell Val-O-Grams as an annual fundraiser. Parents can write a sweet note to their child that is delivered during the school day, accompanied by a treat, balloon, and/or a song ("So Happy Together" by the high school boys Acappella choir!).

I thought my daughter's preschool classroom was a sea of red hearts, after the high schoolers made their deliveries. But, it was nothing compared to the school day's end. If only I'd had my camera ... kids streaming out of their classrooms to the carpool lines ... the majority holding red heart balloons! What a sight!

My son's class made Abe Lincoln hats to hold their Valentines, and learned a bit of a history lesson along the way ... apparently President Lincoln kept his mail in his hat!

Hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day, filled with smiles.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea for Valentine's Day.

Terra said...

Oh a camera would have been grand.

Angela Ackerman said...

I miss my kids being in elementary school at times like this. I always loved sending in fun valentine's cookies and cupcakes!

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Hilary said...

Sounds so sweet. :)

Susan R. Mills said...

I miss those days. My kids are all out of elementary school so no more Valentine's Day parties.

Sarah Laurence said...

That's a sweet tradition. Lucky kids!

Hardygirl said...

What a fun thing to see, and I'd LOVE being serenaded by an accapella choir!

sf

lotusgirl said...

What a great way to make money. I'm glad they were able to sell tons.