Thursday, July 31, 2008

Since I'm Not Yet Published ...

... and you can't yet get my stories in lovely, polished book form complete with beautiful illustrations (*sigh* ... someday!!), I'd like to share with you one of my favorite children's picture book authors ... who does have books, available for purchase, complete with phenomenal illustrations (by talented illustrator Jane Chapman)! Actually, her books are a favorite of my children as well ... especially her books about Bear and his friends! Her 'Bear' books ("Bear Snores On"; "Bears Stays Up for Christmas"; etc.) pass my picture book test ... that is to say ... my children want to read them over and over and over again, and I'm WILLING to read them over and over and over again. In fact, I sometimes find myself SUGGESTING we read them over and over and over again.
The talented author is Karma Wilson. Her website - http://www.karmawilson.com/index.php - is fantastic, and includes a great blog ("Good Karma" ... love that title!). And, she seems like a genuinely wonderful person. In a recent blog, she writes about her family's sponsoring of children in Third World countries through Compassion International. We sponsor a cutie-patootie through Compassion as well ... his name is Amilcar, and he lives in El Salvador. What a wonderful experience it has been for all of us ... including Braden, who prays for his safety every night without fail ... and what an amazing organization!

Anyway ... check out Karma's books if you're in the market for a picture book ... you and your children/grandchildren/nieces/nephews will find yourself thoroughly entertained!

No comments: