Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I'm With You ...


Have you heard this song? "I'm With You", sung by Nichole Nordeman and Amy Grant is one of those songs that just latch right on to your heart. Based on the Bible story of Ruth and Naomi, it is a beautiful combination of lyrics, music, and pacing.

Ruth happens to be one of my favorite books in the Bible. First, it's so short (4 chapters!), I can actually say I've read it from start to finish :-); and second, it depicts the story of two strong, independent, brave women who have lost everything (and, yes, one of them becomes very bitter for a while as a result), but work together to put the pieces of their lives back together in the face of great adversity.

It is the story of hope and trusting in the support of family and friends.

And, isn't that what we all strive for ... to be hopeful in the face of challenges, big and small? To be a supportive friend and family member? And, to know we have family and friends that we can rely on when we need it?

11 comments:

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Kelly, thanks for bringing my gaze back to your lovely blog by stopping by today. Yes, I really think that's what it is all about, and I needed to be reminded of this today. Much appreciated. :)

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

oh i needed to here this today! Thanks.

Good seeing you again :) thx for sweet note!

Beth Kephart said...

wow, it is good to hear from you. and to see this new look! (and to hear this song)

Anonymous said...

Well put - we do indeed strive to rise up and meet challenges and come out the other side a better person.

Susan R. Mills said...

Also one of my favorite books in the Bible. Great post!

Hardygirl said...

Wow! What an incredible song and great post.

My daughter played guitar for Amy Grant when she was in town last year. She is beautiful, kind, encouraging and all-around amazing.

Thanks for sharing this.

sf

Suzanne Casamento said...

Yes, being hopeful in the face of challenges is a key to life. Along with understanding why you're facing those challenges and what you're supposed to learn from them.

Susan Fields said...

Great post! Being hopeful in the face of challenges is definitely something to strive for. To be supportive and supported is truly a gift.

Jeff B said...

One of the hardest yet most rewarding aspects of a walk of faith is remaining hopeful when life throws its challenges in our way.

Sarah Laurence said...

Uplifting track! If you like Biblical stories, have you read The Red Tent by Anita Daimant? It’s Dinah’s story. Nice to have you back to blogging.

Kelly H-Y said...

Thanks for all your wonderful comments!
I have read 'The Red Tent', Sarah ... a friend recommended it to me about two years ago, saying it was unlike anything she'd ever read. I was so intrigued, I had to get it! I thought the same thing ... quite an amazing read, and unlike anything I'd read before! Thanks for mentioning it!