Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Inspiration ... Kid Style!


Every so often, they hop off their bikes and scooters, or take a break from playing basketball or flag football, and impress me with their creative side. Whether it's a city of roadways and parking lots made with just chalk and Hot Wheels; a tea party, complete with miniature utensils; a "special breakfast" served on a doll highchair tray; a bouquet of blooms collected from the ground (or, sometimes, from the plant itself! :-)); or a colorful PlayDoh "cake" ... it's a great reminder to me to keep creating characters and writing stories (and not be afraid of NOT creating perfection on the first try!).

11 comments:

MunirGhiasuddin said...

These are sooooo cute. My Dad used to make minature furniture for me with my uncles cigar boxed and I had an English style tea set for my dolls. I am sixty and I miss all that even today. May be you can check out Drora's blog. It is called Drora's miniundos.

MG Higgins said...

Kids are so creative ... and very inspiring. I love the parking lot!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Awww, what lovely things your kiddos did. I love the streets with the hot wheels.

Kelly Polark said...

I love it! I'm going to suggest the chalk on the driveway for my son's cars!! Fun ideas!

Unspoken said...

Kids are so not afraid of their imaginations and it allows freedom. When did we forget how to be that free?

Elizabeth said...

I love this post! Kids are so great at just going for it without worrying about the results. Good inspiration!

Cathy C. Hall said...

So true! It seems the older we get, the more we're afraid of making mistakes instead of just going for it. Here's to going for it!

(P.S. Isn't it funny how little it takes to inspire a kid? Play dough, flowers, plastic dishes...maybe I just need to whip out my sidewalk chalk! :-)

Corey Schwartz said...

Oh, I especially love the city of roadways and parking lots! Kids can be so much more creative than adults!

Suzanne Casamento said...

So true! Kids aren't afraid of constantly creating. You're lucky to have muses!

Sarah Laurence said...

I want to play at your house! What great kids. BTW, you might want to change the color of the comment link as it is hard to see.

Hilary said...

Very sweet. Gotta love those Play Dough cakes.